Tuesday, October 22, 2013

Jaimie's Story: Part One


I know you all are probably curious about Jaimie, wondering what happened to her and what her condition is now. Even being apart of her "soccer family," we are still curious as well. Unlike you all, we had known some general information about her cancer and tumor for some time now, but like you, we didn't really know much else. So, in order to fully share Jaimie's story to the best of our ability, we decided to ask the people that were there through it all to tell us. Here's what Jaimie's parents, Dan and Debbie Ferretti, had to say: 

" The morning of January 3rd 2012, Jaimie woke up and complained of a headache.. we thought she maybe had back to school “itis”.  Knowing that Jaimie typically doesn’t fake illness – I told her I would take her to work with me and on our way home we could stop at the doctor.  When Dr. Puntillo arrived, she immediately brought us into the exam room and tested Jaimie for strep throat.  She did a quick exam of her and then sent us across the hall to have blood work done.  While having the blood work done, Dr. Puntillo’s nurse, Donna came across the hall and said…You have to go have a CAT Scan done down in Mt. Kisco (which is about 20 minutes away) she said you have to go now – don’t waste any time.  My heart sank and I began to shake.  I text dan…. "OMG Jaimie has to have a CAT Scan, meet me in Mt. Kisco”- Needless to say I was freaked out and do not even remember driving to the Cat Scan office.  I arrived safely somehow and waited for Dan to arrive.  Dan showed up about 20 minutes later.  At this time I was unconsoleable.  I was shaking and crying and couldn’t really get it together.  They finally called our name – Jaimie went into the dressing room and put on a gown.  Dan and I waited outside the room for her to come out – She came out of the room just a few minutes later and the technician went passed us and went into his office a closed the door.  Moments later the receptionist called us and said the Dr. Puntillo was on the phone.  My heart was racing as I grabbed the phone from her…she said “Debbie, you aren’t alone are you”?  I collapsed on the floor and handed the phone to Dan who then received the news from Dr. Puntillo."

To be continued...

Live in the moment, play in the moment.

No comments:

Post a Comment